Importing User Mailboxes into the Exchange Mailbox Agent
Import the content of the classic agent into the user mailbox subclient in the Exchange Mailbox Agent.
Before You Begin
- Important: You must run an archiving job on all your mailboxes to create a baseline and to verify that the Exchange Mailbox Agent is archiving messages as expected.
- Install the Exchange package, and add and configure the Exchange Mailbox Agent.
- Exchange Policies.
- Mailboxes should be added to the Exchange Mailbox Agent using the appropriate discovery method. If the mailboxes are discovered automatically, they will not be removed from the subclient when the mailboxes are imported.
- Prepare the classic agent for the import process.
- Recommendation: You can import one subclient per job and can run multiple jobs simultaneously.
- In the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > Exchange Mailbox > User Mailbox.
- In the right pane, right-click usermailbox, and then click Import from Exchange Mailbox (Classic).
The Import Options for Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the Association tab, expand the appropriate client, and then select each subclient that contains the content that you want to import.
- Select the content for each client that you want to include in the import job.
- Optional: Select the Show only selected check box to limit the view to only the subclients that you selected to include.
- On the Job Initiation tab, define whether the job runs immediately or if it will be scheduled.
- Optional: To set advanced job options, click Advanced.
- Optional: To run your archive options from a command line interface, click Save As Script.
- Click OK.
- Refresh the list on the Mailboxes tab to view the imported user mailboxes.
What to Do Next
Last modified: 4/11/2019 5:33:16 PM