Synchronizing Data on the Disk and the Index
You can enable the synchronization of data on the source disk and the index.
After you enable this feature, the subsequent archive job compares and identifies the missing files from the subclient content on the disk and the index. The missing files are then included in the archive job.
A scenario that might result in the discrepancy is a cut and paste operation on a file that does not change the modified time of the file. As a result, when you use the recursive scan method, the file is not picked up during the archive operation.
Note: We recommend that you upgrade the client and the CommServe computer to the latest service pack version.
Before You Begin
- This feature is not selected by default on upgraded clients.
- Until you run a new archive cycle, the previous cycles are not pruned. If you want to prune the previous archive cycles, then disable the Retain jobs in previous cycle until Source Files and backup index are synchronized in latest cycle parameter.
- This feature is not supported on IntelliSnap subclients.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > pseudo-client > Big Data Apps > instance.
- Right-click the appropriate subclient, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- In the Subclient Properties dialog box, specify the basic settings for the subclient:
- In the Subclient name box, type the name of the subclient.
- On the Content tab, specify the subclient content.
- Click Advanced.
The Advanced Properties dialog box appears.
- On the Advanced Options tab, verify if the Reconcile Backup check box is selected.
- In the Every n days from the previous backup job box, enter the number of days after which any archive job will automatically synchronize the missing files.
Note: By default, the reconcile backup operation runs after every incremental job that runs after a synthetic full backup.
- Click OK.
- On the Storage Device tab, in the Storage Policy list, click a storage policy name to associate with the subclient.
Tip: To create a new storage policy, click Create Storage Policy and follow the instructions in the storage policy creation wizard.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 8/20/2018 7:08:49 PM