Backing Up Virtual Machines for Citrix Xen
You can back up virtual machines from a subclient or from a backup set (to include all subclients for the backup set).
Before You Begin
- Configure the content for each subclient to identify virtual machines to back up.
- The subclient that is backing up a virtual machine must have access to the physical disk that hosts the virtual machine.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > instance > backup_set.
- Start the backup from the subclient or backup set:
- From a subclient: Right-click the subclient and then click Backup.
- From a backup set: Right-click the backup set, click Backup All Subclients, and click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
- In the Backup Options dialog box, choose the backup type.
For more information on backup types, see Backup Options.
- Optional: Set up ongoing backup operations:
Schedule the backup
For more information on scheduling, see Scheduling.
Further customize the backup operation
For more information about advanced options, see Advanced Backup Options.
Save the current backup options as a script file
Click Save as Script.
For more information, see Save as Script Overview.
- Click OK to start the backup job.
Last modified: 4/17/2019 2:58:18 PM