Creating a Subclient
To provide protection for a specific set of virtual machines, create a new subclient. A user-defined subclient can identify virtual machines that have the same Service Level Agreement (SLA) or that need to be backed up on the same schedule.
The default subclient is preconfigured to back up all virtual machines that are not protected by other subclients.
Note: To perform backups, FusionCompute Tools must be installed on guest VMs.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > FusionCompute.
- Right-click a backup set and then click New Subclient.
- On the General tab, enter the Subclient name.
- Identify virtual machines to back up:
- On the Content tab, click Browse.
- Navigate to one or more virtual machines and select them.
- Click OK.
The selected virtual machines are displayed in the Contents of subclient list.
- On the Storage Device tab, select a Storage Policy.
- On the Backup Options tab, select one of the following options:
- Application Consistent: Quiesce the file system and applications to capture pending transactions for applications. This might result in the virtual machine being offline temporarily.
- Crash Consistent: Capture stored data for the virtual machine while the VM remains online.
- Optional: To specify proxies to be used for backups of the subclient, click the Advanced Options tab and add the proxies to be used.
If you do not specify proxies at the subclient level, the proxies specified at the instance level are used.
- Click OK.
- In the Backup Schedule dialog box, click Do Not Schedule, and then click OK.
Last modified: 4/27/2018 6:40:49 PM