- Perform regular backups on the default subclient. This ensures that new virtual machines are discovered on a regular basis as part of the backup operation.
- Adding one virtual machine per subclient is not recommended. This creates issues around scheduling and becomes unmanageable in larger environments.
- Typically only the default subclient is used in most deployments, except in the following cases:
- Different storage policies are required for different virtual machines.
- Rule-based discovery is in use and different subclients will be used to target a particular affinity.
Last modified: 2/12/2019 8:10:19 PM