Configuring the Dell Compellent Storage Array Using Array Management
This engine is deprecated from the Commvault software in V11 SP12.
See End-of-Life, Deprecated and Extended Support - Features for information about deprecated features.
For IntelliSnap backups from Commvault software, add the Dell Compellent storage array and its configuration information to the CommServe database.
Before You Begin
- On the proxy computer, add a host to the Storage Center, and then verify that the proxy server is connected to the Storage Center.
- Before entering the user credentials of a user account that has Volume Manager privileges, associate the user with a user group that has access to the source volume folder and to the source server folder.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
The Array Management dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the following information:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select Dell Compellent.
- In the Name box, enter the management IP address (also called Storage Center IP address) or the storage array IP address.
- In the Control Host box, enter the management IP address (also called Storage Center IP address) or the storage array IP address.
- In the Credentials area, click Change.
The Enter the User Name and Password dialog box appears.
- Type the credentials of a user who has the Administrator privilege or the Volume Manager privilege, and then click OK.
- To configure additional MediaAgents to perform operations on the storage array, click the Array Controllers tab, and then select configuration options.
For more information, see Configuring Array Controllers.
- On the Snap Configuration tab, configure the snapshot configuration properties for your environment or use the default values.
For more information, see Snapshot Configuration Properties.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 9/4/2018 6:16:17 PM