Configuring the Dell EMC Unity Storage Array Using Array Management
For IntelliSnap backups from Commvault software, add the storage array and its configuration information to the CommServe database.
Before You Begin
- Configure the the client and proxy computers to have access to the array.
- Under System, in the Summary of the System View of the Dell EMC Unisphere software, record the serial number of the storage array.
- If you have more than one NAS server in the Dell EMC Unisphere software, then add one storage array entry for each NAS server.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
The Array Management dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the following information:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select Dell EMC Unity.
- In the Name box, enter one of the following:
- If you are configuring a SAN device or LUN, then enter the serial number of the management interface of the array.
- If you are configuring the Network Share IntelliSnap Backup feature, then enter the name of the NAS server.
- In the Control Host box, enter the IP address of the management interface of the array.
- In the Credentials area, click Change.
The Enter the User Name and Password dialog box appears.
- Type the credentials of a user who has administrator permissions to access the array, and then click OK.
- To configure additional MediaAgents to perform operations on the storage array, on the Array Controllers tab, select configuration options.
For more information, see Configuring Array Controllers.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 10/17/2019 9:26:19 PM