Configuring the Dell EMC XtremIO Array Using Array Management
For IntelliSnap backups from Commvault software, add the Dell EMC XtremIO storage array and its configuration information to the CommServe database.
Before You Begin
If you use the iSCSI protocol, then place the host computer in the same subnet that the cluster’s iSCSI IP is in.
Do not use any special characters in the volume name.
The array name is case sensitive. Type the array name in the Name box exactly as it is in the Dell EMC XtremIO UI.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
The Array Management dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the following information:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select Dell EMC XtremIO.
- In the Name box, enter the cluster name.
- In the Control Host box, enter the IP address of the XtremIO Management Server (XMS) server.
- In the Credentials area, click Change.
The Enter the User Name and Password dialog box appears.
- Type the credentials of a user who has the Configuration role privilege, and then click OK.
- To configure additional MediaAgents to perform operations on the storage array, click the Array Controllers tab, and then select configuration options.
For more information, see Configuring Array Controllers.
- On the Snap Configuration tab, configure the snapshot configuration properties for your environment or use the default values.
For more information, see Snap Configuration.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2/13/2019 7:06:06 PM