Configuring a Physical+VSM GAD Pair
For a (global-active device) GAD pair, you need to create one physical array for each virtual storage machine (VSM) array in the GAD pair. The procedure to configure a physical array and a VSM array is similar and you need to repeat the procedure for each physical array and for each VSM array.
Before You Begin
- Verify that you system meets the system requirements. See System Requirements.
- You must configure the physical arrays and the VSM arrays in the Hitachi Vantara console.
Tip: Write down the serial number of the physical arrays and the name of the VSM arrays.
- Add and configure a physical array in Array Management. This physical array is one member of the GAD pair.
- Add and configure another physical array in Array Management. This physical array is the base array for the VSM array.
- Add and configure the VSM array in Array Management. This VSM array is the second member of the GAD pair.
Last modified: 1/14/2019 8:53:37 PM