Configuring the Hitachi NAS Storage Array Using Array Management
For IntelliSnap backups from Commvault software, add the Hitachi NAS storage array and its configuration information to the CommServe database.
Before You Begin
Ensure that the client and proxy computers are configured to have access to the storage array.
If you are running Hitachi NAS earlier versions than 13.2.x, then, on the Snap Configuration tab, in the Metro Server IP and Metro Server Port snapshot configuration properties, you need to enter the Metro Server IP address and the Metro Server port number of the computer where the Metro Server runs.
If you are running Hitachi NAS version 13.2.x or later, then you do not need to edit the snapshot configuration properties Metro Server Port and Metro Server IP.
- On the ribbon in the CommCell Console, click the Storage tab, and then click Array Management.
The Array Management dialog box appears.
- Click Add.
The Array Properties dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, specify the following information:
- From the Snap Vendor list, select Hitachi NAS.
- In the Name box, enter the enterprise virtual server (EVS) name whose type is File Services.
- In the Control Host box, enter the IP address of an EVS computer whose type is Admin Services.
- In the Credentials area, click Change.
The Enter the User Name and Password dialog box appears.
- Type the credentials of a user who has the Supervisor rights, and then click OK.
- To configure additional MediaAgents to perform operations on the storage array, click the Array Controllers tab, and then select configuration options.
For more information, see Configuring Array Controllers.
- On the Snap Configuration tab, configure the snapshot configuration properties for your environment or use the default values.
For more information, see Snap Configuration.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 2/5/2019 7:30:25 PM