Getting Started with the NetApp Storage Array
Step 1: Review Requirements and Supported Agents
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements for NetApp storage array and supported agents:
Step 2: Configure your Environment
Configure the environment for OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM) and for clustered Data ONTAP.
- If you are going to use OCUM, see OnCommand Unified Manager.
- If you are going to use clustered Data ONTAP, see ONTAP Peers.
Step 3: Add and Configure the Storage Array in Commvault Software
- If you plan to use SnapVault or SnapMirror, create a storage policy for SnapVault or SnapMirror, and then create a snapshot copy for SnapVault or SnapMirror.
- On Commvault software, add and configure the NetApp storage array in IntelliSnap Array Management. See Setting Up the NetApp Array Using Array Management.
- To customize the array to your environment, edit the Snap Configuration Properties of NetApp.
- For storage virtual machines, you can configure tunneling using the detect and add option on the NetApp cluster NAS client. See Configure a Storage Virtual Machine on the NetApp Storage Array.
NetApp storage array is now ready to operate.
Step 4: Where to Go from Here
Choose one of the following agents to work in conjunction with the NetApp storage array.
Last modified: 10/3/2018 12:11:28 AM