Getting Started with the NetApp Storage Array
To set up the NetApp storage array, review system requirements, and then add the array in the Commvault software. Then you can modify the snapshot properties.
Step 1: Review Requirements
Review the following information to learn more about the system requirements.
Step 2: Configure Your Environment
Configure the environment for OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM) and for clustered Data ONTAP.
- If you are going to use OCUM, see OnCommand Unified Manager.
- If you are going to use clustered Data ONTAP, see ONTAP Peers.
Step 3: Add and Configure the Storage Array in the Commvault Software
- If you plan to use SnapVault or SnapMirror, create a storage policy for SnapVault or SnapMirror, and then create a snapshot copy for SnapVault or SnapMirror.
- On the Commvault software, add and configure the NetApp storage array in Array Management. See Setting Up the NetApp Array Using Array Management.
- To customize the array to your environment, edit the Snap Configuration Properties of NetApp.
- For storage virtual machines, you can configure tunneling using the detect and add option on the NetApp cluster NAS client. See Configure a Storage Virtual Machine on the NetApp Storage Array.
Step 4: What to Do Next
Choose one of the supported agents to work with the NetApp storage array. For more information, see Supported Agents.
Last modified: 12/18/2019 11:15:33 PM