Creating a Subclient
o provide protection for a specific set of virtual machines, create a new subclient. A user-defined subclient can identify virtual machines that have the same Service Level Agreement (SLA) or that need to be backed up on the same schedule. For example, you can create a subclient for virtual machines running the same operating system.
The default subclient is preconfigured to back up all virtual machines that are not protected by other subclients.
When you create a new subclient, Changed Block Tracking (CBT) is enabled by default. Existing subclients will continue to use the traditional cyclic redundancy check (CRC) backup method unless you enable CBT for that subclient. For more information, see Changed Block Tracking for IntelliSnap Backups - Microsoft Azure.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > instance.
- Right-click a backup set and click New Subclient.
- On the General tab, enter the Subclient name.
- Identify virtual machines to back up:
- Click the Content tab.
- Click Browse.
- From the list at the top left, you can select a view to browse by the following categories.
Regions: Select an Azure region to include all VMs in that region.
Resource group: Select a resource group for Azure Resource Manager.
Storage Accounts: Select a storage account to include all VMs that reside in the storage account.
Tags: Select a tag to include all VMs associated with the selection.
VMs: Select this option to browse and select specific VMs.
- Navigate to one or more virtual machines and select them.
- Click OK.
The selected virtual machines are displayed in the Contents of subclient list.
For other methods of identifying virtual machines for a subclient, see Adding Subclient Content.
- Click the Storage Device tab.
- Select a storage policy.
- Optional: To specify proxies to be used for backups of the subclient, on the Advanced Options tab, add the proxies to be used.
If you do not specify proxies at the subclient level, the proxies specified at the instance level are used.
- Click OK.
The Backup Schedule dialog box appears.
- Click Do Not Schedule, and then click OK.
Last modified: 9/12/2019 7:00:59 PM