Configuring User Account to Access the Oracle Database
You can configure the user account privileges to access the Oracle database.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers | <Client> | Oracle.
- Right-click the <Instance>, and then click Properties.
- On the Details tab, enter the Oracle connection information:
- To use the Oracle Wallet feature, select the Oracle Wallet Auto Login check box.
- To use the Oracle Connect String, select the Use Connect String check box and in the Connect String box enter the Oracle connect string credentials.
Note: If you want to use an account that is other than 'sys', you must grant the SYSDBA or SYSBACKUP (in Oracle version 12 or higher) privilege to the user account.
Enter the Connect String to connect to the Oracle database as follows:
- In the first box enter the Database user ID.
- In the second box enter the Password.
- In the Confirm Password dialog box, re-enter the password, and click OK.
- In the third box enter the Oracle Service name.
For example, in the following:
sysdba is the Database User ID
<password> is the Database User ID password
orcl is the Oracle service name
- Click OK.
Last modified: 8/29/2018 12:45:35 PM