Configuring Oracle RMAN Backup Copy
Use RMAN for copying the data to the media. When data is moved from snap to media, the RMAN backup interface is used for block level backup operations. These backup operations are recorded on the RMAN catalog. RMAN is required in the case of Automatic Storage Management (ASM) Oracle Databases, because ASM data is not available on the file system. Run RMAN restores/reports from these backups.
The advantages include:
- Full and incremental backup copies are supported
- ASM database backups are supported
- Most RMAN features for backups and restores are supported
The disadvantages include:
- The Oracle application must be installed on the proxy client
- More resource-intensive because Oracle instances need to be configured on the proxy computer
- Parallel backup copies of the same instance or data directory structure for different sources using the same proxy is not possible.
Before You Begin
Verify all RMAN Backup Copy Proxy Client Requirements are met.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > client > Oracle > instance.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab, make the following selections:
- From the Use Proxy list, select the proxy.
- Select the Use RMAN for backup copy check box.
- Click OK to close the Subclient Properties dialog box.
Last modified: 8/28/2018 3:54:27 PM