Configuring an Oracle RAC Offline Subclient
During an offline backup, the database is shutdown and is not available for use. Since incremental backups require access to various tablespaces and datafiles, it is always recommended that you perform a full backup of the database when it is offline. The full backup includes all the datafiles, tablespaces, and control file of the Oracle database. Note that, offline backups do not include the archived log files.
Offline backups can be performed when the database is in offline or online mode. If the database is online, it shuts down the database, performs the backup and then brings up the database back.
In order to backup the Oracle database when it is offline, you need to create a separate user-defined subclient for offline backup. Make sure that the database is in the MOUNT mode during the backup.
Before You Begin
If you want to use the Oracle RMAN backup copy option by using a proxy server, you must contact Oracle for their required licensing.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers >client > Oracle RAC.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient Name box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, make the following selections:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select Offline Database.
- On the Log Backups tab, select the Backup Archive Log check box.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Storage Policy list, select the storage policy name for the log backups.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy name.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations, make the following selections:
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the snap engine name.
- Configure the backup copy options. From the Use Proxy list, select the MediaAgent that performs the backup copy operations.
Note: The proxy server operating system must be the same or later than the client computer.
- Determine the copy option.
For more information about the backup copy options, see Oracle RAC IntelliSnap - Backup Copy
- To use the File system copy, select File System.
- To use the RMAN backup copy, select RMAN.
- Optional: To perform an integrity check of the hardware, select the Enable Snap Integrity Check check box.
- Click OK to close the Creating New Subclient dialog box.
Last modified: 10/3/2018 6:20:04 PM