Configuring Subclients for SAP Oracle Online Backups
In some environments, you cannot bring down a database to perform an offline backup. In such situations, you can perform an online backup, where the database is up and running during the backup.
You can perform either a full backup or incremental backup of the SAP for Oracle database when it is online.
The following table describes the available backup interfaces.
The software locks the Oracle database until the backup completes.
The software locks the entire Oracle database until the backup completes.
The software locks each volume that is being backed up and releases it when the backup completes.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > Agent.
- Right-click the instance, point to All Tasks and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box is displayed.
- On the General tab, in the Subclientname box, enter a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select the Online Database option.
- In the Backup Device section, select the backup interface.
- On the Storage Device tab, select the name of the Data Storage Policy.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab.
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the appropriate engine.
- Optional: Run scripts before or after the backup.
You can choose to run the post-process script even if the backup job failed.
On the Pre/Post tab:
- In the Pre-Backup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- In the PostBackup Command box, type the full path name for the script.
- To run the post backup process regardless of the job's outcome, select the Run Post Process for all attempts check box.
- Click OK to close the Create New Subclient dialog box.
Last modified: 9/5/2018 6:50:19 PM