Editing Edge Drive Files with the Edge Drive Web Edit Tool
You can use the Edge Drive Web Edit tool to open your files from the Web Console using any locally installed native application. When you save your changes, the tool uploads your file to your Edge Drive automatically.
Note: If your Web Console is configured to use Office Online, Microsoft Office files will open with Office Online. You will not be prompted to install the Edge Drive Web Edit tool. For information about Office Online, see Editing Edge Drive Files with Office Online from the Web Console.
Before You Begin
Review the following requirements:
- You must have administrator rights on the computer where you want to install the tool.
- Verify that ports 11315 and 11316 are open.
- Open your Edge Drive in the Web Console. See Accessing Your Edge Drive From the Web Console.
- Navigate to the file you want to edit, right-click the file name, and then click Edit.
- If the Edge Drive Web Edit tool is installed, your file opens in the application associated with the file type.
- If the Edge Drive Web Edit tool is not installed, you are prompted to download and install the tool:
- Download the tool.
- Complete the steps in the installation wizard.
- After the installation is complete, launch the Web Edit tool.
- Enter the user name, password, and the fully qualified name of the Web Console.
Note: Enter the same user account that you use to log on to the Web Console.
- Select the Use Secure Connection check box, and then click Sign In.
- After you complete the configuration, the file opens in the application associated with the file type.
When you save the file you are editing, it is automatically uploaded to your Edge Drive.
Last modified: 1/15/2018 9:04:17 PM