Adding a Package to Download Center
Download Center administrators can upload packages to the Download Center repositories.
Tip: To make a package visible to all Download Center users, create a CommCell group named Everyone (see User Administration and Security - Getting Started), and then add the Everyone group to the Visible To list.
Before You Begin
- Verify that you have the appropriate CommCell permissions to perform the operation. For information, see User Access Levels for Download Center.
- You must configure a repository as a source location for adding packages. For information, see Adding a Repository to Download Center.
- To upload a ReadMe for the package, copy the ReadMe file to the appropriate repository.
- Verify that the data you want to add as a package is located in the appropriate repository:
- ObjectStore: Ensure you added data to the ObjectStore using the ObjectStore APIs or the Edge interface. For more information, see the following topics:
- Network Location: Ensure that data is located in the appropriate network location specified in the repository configurations.
- Web Server: Ensure the data is located on the local Web Server.
For Web Server and network share repositories, you can upload packages from your local computer to the repository to add the package to Download Center. For more information, see Uploading to Web Server or Network Repositories.
- Log on to the Web Console.
For information, see Accessing the Web Console.
- Click Download Center.
- In the upper-right corner, click the Add Information About Your Packages button ().
Note: If this is the first time you are configuring Download Center, on the Welcome to Download Center page, click Add Information About Your Downloads.
The Download Information page appears.
- Label, classify, and set permissions for the package.
For details about the kind of information that you can enter for a package, see Package Information Page.
- To identify the location of the package in the repository, under Download Type & Locations, click the folder icon, and then do the following:
- From the Repositories list, select the repository that contains the package.
- Browse to the location of the package, and then select the check box next to the package.
If you cannot browse the repository, in the Specify location of downloadable content box, enter the full path to the package. For example, enter C:\downloads\package001.exe.
- Click Select.
The Location box contains the path to the package.
- Click Save.
You can continue to add package paths by repeating the proceeding steps.
- Click Apply.
If you do not see your package in the Download Center list, click the refresh button () in the upper-right corner of the page and check again.
Last modified: 2/15/2019 6:34:07 PM