Configuring Sync Folder Options for the Web Console
Enabling File Synchronization and Modifying the Synchronization Interval
By default, Sync Folders in the Web Console are configured to synchronize (backup and restore data) every 2 minutes. This synchronization interval, defined in the Laptop schedule policy, does not take effect until the schedule policy is configured to trigger backup jobs when the subclient content is modified. This configuration allows backup and restore jobs to run every 2 minutes whenever a new file is created or modified.
Use the following steps to enable file synchronization and to modify the synchronization interval:
- From the CommCell Console, navigate to Policies > Schedule Policies.
- Right-click the Laptop_Schedule_Policy and then click Edit.
The Schedule Policy dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, select the task and then click Edit.
The Backup Task Options dialog box appears.
- In the Job Interval section, in the Minimum Sync Interval box, specify the synchronization interval in minutes.
- In the File Management section, select the Start job only if there are files to be backed up check box.
- Click OK to close the Backup Task Options dialog box.
- Click OK to close the Schedule Policy dialog box.
The synchronization process starts at the specified interval if new files were created or modified.
Disabling Sync Folders for Specific Users or User Groups
You can disable the ability to synchronize files between computers for specific users or user groups. Once disabled, the users can no longer see the Sync Folders section in the Web Console, and any existing Sync Folder configured stops to synchronize the data.
From the command prompt, navigate to software_installation_directory/Base, use the qlogin command to log on to the CommCell, and then run one of the following commands:
Disable Sync Folders for a User
qoperation execscript -sn updateUserGroupUserPropertiesCap -si 'u=username' -si 'Cloud Capabilities' -si HIDESYNC -si 'add'
where username is the name of the user. To re-enable Sync Folders for the same user, change 'add' to 'remove' at the end of the command.
Disable Sync Folders for a User Group
qoperation execscript -sn updateUserGroupUserPropertiesCap -si 'ug=usergroupname' -si 'Cloud Capabilities' -si HIDESYNC -si 'add'
where usergroupname is the name of the user group. To re-enable Sync Folders for the same user group, change 'add' to 'remove' at the end of the command.
Last modified: 9/11/2018 2:51:15 AM