Analyze Large Files by Using the File Analytics Report
To analyze large files, use the Space Usage Distribution by File Size data view.
- In the File Analytics screen under the Action column, click Analytics for the client or client group that you want to analyze.
The Space Usage by Modified Date data view appears.
- Click a bar on the graph to view size information for files within a specific modified date range.
If you want to view size information for all files, first create a category that will capture all files:
- Click the Custom Categoriesbutton.
- Create a date range of Beyond 0 Years.
- Click the bar on the graph for Beyond 0 Years.
The Space Usage Distribution by File Size data view appears.
- To further analyze the information in the report, proceed as follows:
If you want to...
view detailed data information for data in a specific range
- Point to a bar on the graph.
modify the data ranges (y-axis)
- Click the Customize Categoriesbutton.
From here, you can:
- Type or select new values of a range to display in the graph.
- Remove a range by clicking the minus button.
- Add a range by clicking the plus button, up to a maximum of 6.
- Click Apply to save your changes and update the graph.
view more granular data information for a specific range
- Click on a y-axis value.
More granular data for the selected range appears.
For example, from the default Modified Date data view, click Less than 1 year to view a quarterly distribution of the data in the selected range.
view a detailed list of data included in the current view
- Click the Listing View button .
The Listing View appears with the following information:
- The full path of each file
- The date when each file was last modified
- The size of each file
Information in the listing view can be sorted by clicking on the column titles.
approximate savings of archiving items in the current data view
- In the Cost in $ box below the data view, enter your storage costs (in dollars per GB).
The Save Approx value updates to reflect the amount you could save by moving data in the current data view to archival storage.
Last modified: 12/2/2019 8:07:23 PM