Configuring Operation Window
By default, all operations in the CommCell will run for 24 hours without restriction. However, it may be necessary to prevent operations from running during certain time periods of the day, e.g., during the day time when the resources are busy. To accomplish this, you can define operation rules which will enable certain operations to be run during idle periods, thereby not consuming resources such as network bandwidth, data, or storage resources during busy hours. For more information, see Operation Window.
Use the following steps to configure operation rules.
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computer Groups.
- Right-click the client_computer_group and then click All Tasks > Operation Window.
- From the Operation Windows dialog box, click Add.
- In the Operation Rule Details dialog box, specify the following:
- In the Name box, type a name.
- From the Operation, select either an administration, data protection (either full or non-full), and/or a data recovery operations.
- From the Days of week, select the days of the week to exclude the operation.
- From the Do not run intervals pane, click Add to add a date interval that will prevent the selected operations from running.
From the Time Intervals dialog box, select a start and end time to exclude the operations from running, then click Add. Click OK to close the Time Intervals.
- Click OK twice.
Last modified: 10/11/2018 5:00:35 PM