Changing the Look of GxTail
You can customize how GxTail presents log file data, according to your preferences, through settings on the Customize > Appearance tab. You can change the font face and size, text foreground and background colors and more. The settings on this page apply to tabs that are opened after you save the changes. You can also apply them to open tabs.
Before You Begin
Just launch GxTail. It is not necessary to have a log file open.
- Click View > Customize > Appearance.
- Select from the options to make the data area in GxTail the most readable for you.
- The Scroll Width setting sets the number of characters at which a log message wraps.
- The Text setting sets the default appearance of text. That is, it determines how text looks if it has not had any other setting applied to it.
- The Selected Text setting controls how text looks if it is selected for copying, finding, etc.
- Caret Line controls the highlighting that appears on the message that currently contains the insertion bar. Clear the Visible option to turn it off.
- To set the new values on tabs that are already open, click Apply (only the active tab), or Apply All (all open tabs).
- Click OK.
Previewing a new typeface is not supported.
Last modified: 3/12/2018 2:49:52 PM