Creating a Subclient for a DB2 Offline Subclient
When you perform a backup for an offline subclient, the database is shut down.
Configure the DB2 subclient to perform a full backup of the DB2 database when it is offline. Full backups include all data files and tablespaces for the database. Offline backups do not include the archived log files.
You can perform offline backups when the database is either offline or online.
You can configure the subclient to use the DB2 Advanced Copy Services (ACS) interface. When you use the DB2 ACS interface for an IntelliSnap backup, the Commvault software registers the IntelliSnap backup with the DB2 application catalog.
Best Practice: If you create an offline subclient, then you should also create an archive log subclient so that you can avoid the SQL 1042c error. For more information, see SQL1042c DB2 IntelliSnap Windows Restore Goes Pending.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > client > DB2 > Instance.
- Right-click the backup_set, point to All Tasks, and then click New Subclient.
The Create New Subclient dialog box appears.
- On the General tab, in the Subclient name box, type a name for the subclient.
- On the Content tab, select the following options:
- Select the Data check box.
- Select the Offline Database option.
- On the Storage Device tab, from the Data Storage Policy list, select the storage policy that you want to use.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab, do the following:
- Select the IntelliSnap check box.
- From the Available Snap Engines list, select the engine that matches your snapshot type. For a list of available engines for your array, see Snapshot Engine.
- To use the DB2 ACS interface, select the Use DB2 ACS Interface check box.
- Optional: Select the subclient options.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 9/26/2018 12:25:43 PM