Creating Recovery Points for Exchange Database IntelliSnap Backups
Applies to: IntelliSnap (Exchange 2010 or later)
This method is supported for following environments:
- Database Availability Group (DAG)
Before you can recover messages from an Exchange database IntelliSnap backup, you create recovery points from which you can recover individual messages.
Creating a recovery point initiates a job type called Create Recovery Point. After you create the job, you have the option to monitor the status of the job from a list of recovery points. The recovery point job has two has two states: In Progress and Ready.
- When the job state is In Progress, the snapshot is mounted, and the logs are replayed.
- When the state is Ready, you can recover messages.
Each recovery point has an expiration date. By default, the recovery point expires after one day (24 hours). If you keep a recovery point for an extended amount of time, make sure that you have enough hardware resources or disk space to maintain that recovery point.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Console, expand Client Computers > client > Exchange Database.
- Right-click subclient, and then click All Tasks > Browse and Restore.
The Browse and Restore Options dialog box appears.
- Click View Content.
- In the left pane of the Client Browse window, select a database, and then click Recover Messages.
The Configure Message Recovery dialog box appears.
- From the Select a MediaAgent list, select the MediaAgent that is used to perform the recovery operation.
- In the For snap backups, dismount the image after n days box, enter the number of days after which the recovery point expires.
Tip: You can change the expiration date from the Recovery Points dialog box after the recovery point is created and in a Ready state.
- Click OK.
A message appears that displays the job ID number.
- Do either of the following:
- Click List Recovery Points to open the Recovery Points dialog box.
- Click OK to close the message.
What to Do Next
Open the Recovery Points dialog box, to do any of the following:
- View the job status of the active recovery points.
- Open the Browse window and recover messages.
- Change the expiration date of a recovery point.
- Delete a recovery point.
Last modified: 5/21/2018 9:57:17 PM