The GXHSMUtility is used to view, copy or move stub files without triggering file recall(s).
The GXHSMUtility tool, available in the Base folder of the File Archiver for Windows install directory, must be run on the machine where File Archiver is installed.
Besides copying of stubs on the same platform the following cross instance platform stub copying are supported. However, Celerra is an exception, which does not support same platform or cross instance platform stub copying.
- Copy from Local File System to Celerra
- Copy from Local File System to Network File Share
- Copy from Network File Share to Local File System
- Copy from Local File System to Fpolicy
- Copy from Fpolicy to Local File System
- Copy from a lower Commvault version to a higher version if the two client computers are on the same CommCell.
- Copy from Fpolicy to other file servers
- Copy from Network File Share to other file servers
While copying, viewing or moving stubs, UNC paths must be provided for NAS locations (Network File Share, Celerra, Fpolicy), and drive paths must be provided for Local stubs. Also, UNC paths must use the same naming convention used in the instance properties for the filer name; i.e., if the filer property is set with FQDN (Fully Qualified Domain Name), the UNC path given to the tool must use FQDN. The logon user calling the tool must have administrative privileges for both local machine and the filer.
The Access Control List's (ACL) preservation is supported for copy from Local to any NAS type. It is not guaranteed if the source is DMNAS or Celerra. No ACL support is provided for Fpolicy to local copy.
Note: Celerra filer is a new required field in 9.0 Celerra instance properties. After upgrading the File Archiver to 9.0, you must manually populate this field before using GXHSMUtility tool.
Last modified: 2/12/2019 4:14:18 PM