Configuring IPv6 for OnePass
Configuring IPv6 for Hitachi NAS (BlueArc) File Server
If OnePass for Hitachi NAS (BlueArc) is installed on a computer using the IPv4 protocol and the File Share Archiver Client is installed on a computer using the IPv6 protocol, follow the steps given below to ensure that the connectivity between the two computers is not disrupted during stub recalls:
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers.
- Right-click the client, then click Properties > Advanced.
- Click the Additional Settings tab and then click Add.
- In the Name field, enter nPreferredIPFamily.
- In the Value field, type 0 for IPv4 and IPv6 support, type 1 for IPv4 support only, type 2 for IPv6 support only.
- Click OK repeatedly until all dialog boxes are closed.
Note: The File Share Archiver Client computer may crash with a blue screen during stub recalls. This may happen when Celerra File Server has been configured as an additional resource for Hitachi NAS (BlueArc) File Server where the File Share Archiver Client is using the IPv6 protocol and the service handling offline file restores is disabled or shut down.
Therefore, we recommended to ensure that the services handling stub file restores are running for File Share Archiver Client using the IPv6 protocol before it attempts to access the stub files on a Celerra file server.
Last modified: 5/2/2019 2:28:30 PM