Configuring Network Routes on Multiple Clients Simultaneously
If you need to configure multiple clients with the same network route settings, use one of the following methods:
- Method 1: Using Predefined Topologies. The Commvault software provides predefined network topologies that set incoming and outgoing routes and other options at the client group level. You can create instances of these predefined topologies for specific client groups, then if needed, modify those instances to override some default settings, such as incoming (listening) ports and settings on the Options tab. This approach simplifies the administration of network route settings.
- Method 2: Using a Client Group. You can associate the clients to a client group, and then perform the network route configuration at the client group level.
Note: If you have a client that is a member of multiple client groups, the client groups may have route and port settings that are in conflict with one another. To prevent this issue, you must specify route and port settings at the client level, since client level settings override client group settings.
Refer to the steps of the method that you want to use:
Method 1: Using Predefined Topologies
Based on your network configuration, see Direct Connections Using Predefined Network Topology or Setting Up Network Gateway Connections Using a Predefined Network Topology.
Method 2: Using a Client Group
- Create a client group, and then configure the client group with the required network route settings.
- To create a client group, see Client Computer Groups - Getting Started.
- Right-click the newly created client group, and then click Properties.
- Click Network, and then Configure Network Route Settings.
- Select the required options described in the network route configuration procedures for your particular network configuration (direct, via network gateway, etc.; see Configuring Network Routes).
The client (or MediaAgent) configuration steps given in the network routes area are applicable for the client group.
- Right-click the client group, and then click All Tasks > Push Network Configuration.
This sets the configuration on all the clients. You can verify the new network configuration on each client computer.
- Configure each client to inherit the network routes configuration from the client group. Perform the following steps on each client:
- From the CommCell Console, right-click the Client and then click Properties.
- Click Network.
- Ensure the Configure Network Route Settings option is not selected.
- Click OK.
- Future changes to the network configuration for the client group will be applied to this client.
Last modified: 7/30/2019 6:15:05 PM