Getting Started with the Virtual Server Agent for Azure Stack
Step 1: Before You Begin
- This page assumes you have already installed CommServe software. If not, refer to the CommCell Quick Start Guide.
- Review possible deployment scenarios.
- Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements and capabilities of the Virtual Server Agent for Azure Stack:
Step 2: Install the Virtual Server Agent
Review each of the following topics to get started with the installation:
- Prepare the Installation on Windows Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the Virtual Server Agent
Review agent specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Note: The CommServe host, MediaAgent, and VSA proxy must all be able to communicate with each other. For information about firewalled environments, ensure that firewall requirements are met.
Step 3: Prepare for Your First Backup and Restore
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
You can define Commvault storage libraries as on-premises media or cloud storage libraries.
For information about cloud storage libraries, see Creating a Cloud Storage Library.
- Optional: Configure a Storage Policy. See Storage Policy - Getting Started.
- Create a virtualization client for the Azure Stack subscription.
- Modify the default subclient or create a user-defined subclient.
- Optional: Decide whether to add the following functionality:
- To be notified of events that require attention, see Alerts and Notifications - Overview.
- To report and analyze critical data about your CommCell operations, see Reports Overview.
- To manage security, see User Account and Password Management - Getting Started.
Step 4: Run Your First Backup and Restore
Step 5: Where to Go from Here
- For additional configuration options, see Configuration for Azure Stack.
- To configure data retention and data aging for this agent, see Data Aging - Getting Started.
Last modified: 3/7/2019 6:40:00 PM