Creating a Subclient
To provide protection for a specific set of virtual machines, create a new subclient. A user-defined subclient can identify virtual machines that have the same Service Level Agreement (SLA) or that need to be backed up on the same schedule. For example, you can create a subclient for virtual machines running the same operating system.
The default subclient is preconfigured to back up all virtual machines that are not protected by other subclients.
Before You Begin
- From the CommCell Browser, navigate to Client Computers > virtualization_client > Virtual Server > Azure Stack.
- Right-click a backup set and click New Subclient.
- On the General tab, enter the Subclient name.
- Identify virtual machines to back up:
- Click the Content tab.
- Click Browse.
- From the list at the top left, you can select a view to browse by VMs or other categories.
- Navigate to one or more virtual machines and select them.
- Click OK.
The selected virtual machines are displayed in the Contents of subclient list.
For other methods of identifying virtual machines for a subclient, see Adding Subclient Content.
- Click the Storage Device tab.
- Select a Storage Policy.
- To specify proxies to be used for backups of the subclient, click the Advanced Options tab and add the proxies to be used.
If you do not specify proxies at the subclient level, the proxies specified at the instance level are used.
Note: If you have existing VSA proxies that are used to support Azure Classic or Azure Resource Manager, use different proxies for Azure Stack.
- Click OK.
- In the Backup Schedule dialog box, click Do Not Schedule, and then click OK.
Last modified: 1/30/2018 11:10:32 PM