File Migration to Cloud Storage
You can migrate data to cloud storage using one of the following methods:
Migration Using Days-Based Retention
If you want to archive data to cloud storage and retain it for a longer period of time, use the Days Based retention feature.
- Have the administrator enable the Days Based retention feature for your client computer. You cannot run Synthetic full backups once you enable the Days-Based Retention feature.
- Have the administrator create a OnePass subclient and add the data you want to archive as the subclient content.
- Have the administrator assign the OnePass subclient to a storage policy configured using cloud storage.
- Do not enable Deduplication on the storage policy.
- If the stubs are backed up to the cloud storage, perform a browse operation and restore the required stubs to the desired location.
Migration Using a Reference Copy Subclient
Applies To: Windows File System Agent, OnePass for Windows File Systems, UNIX File Systems Agent, OnePass for UNIX File Systems
Have the administrator configure a Reference Copy subclient to migrate data to cloud storage.
Last modified: 10/22/2019 2:25:31 PM