Configuring Archiving on Celerra File Server
Configure archiving on Celerra file server using the following steps:
Before You Begin
- The access node and your Web Console computer must be registered to the Celerra file server. For instructions on how to configure Celerra file server, access node, and web console computer, see Setup Celerra File Server.
- If you have CIFS share on the Celerra file server, you must not enable archiving without completing the procedure given below.
- From the navigation pane, click Solutions > Archiving.
- Click on the appropriate file server. The Dashboard opens.
The top row of the dashboard provides summary information for key items.
- Under Rules, click Next.
The Archiving properties page appears.
- In the Plan box, select the name of the plan. If you have not created a plan yet, see Plans.
- The Modified or access time older than, File size, Select share access node boxes are pre-populated with the information you provided in the Dashboard. You can review rules and change the Select share access node at this level. Once you review the rules, you can go to the Dashboard to preview the files that will be qualified for archiving.
- Select the Filer Details check box.
- In the Filer server hostname box, enter the fully qualified Celerra file server name.
- In the Filer login and Filer password boxes, enter the Celerra file server login credentials.
- In the Listen Port box, by default, you have 10000 as the port number. If you want to use a different port number, enter the listener port number in the Listen Port box.
- In the NAS HTTP port no box, enter the enter the required port number.
Note: We recommend that you accept the default port numbers.
- In the Offline recall path box, specify the URL of the computer that has the Web Console installed and is registered to the Celerra file server.
- Click Start Archiving.
Backup operations run as per the schedule in the Plan you selected. Data Analytics job runs as per the Data Analytics schedule.
What to do Next
Review the data on the Celerra file server. For more information, see Using the Archiving Dashboard to Manage Archiving Rules.
Last modified: 4/3/2019 4:01:58 PM