Creating a Replication Target
A replication target defines a destination hypervisor and host, identifies a proxy that can be used for the operation, and provides other configuration values for replicated VMs. You can associate the replication target with an existing server plan.
Before You Begin
- Review the list of options for the destination hypervisor:
- For VMware destinations only:
- Test failover is supported only for replication to VMware destinations.
- To configure an isolated network for test failover operations, download a gateway template and copy it to a location where it can be accessed from Command Center.
To create a replication target independently, perform the following steps:
- From the navigation pane, go to Configuration > Replication.
The Replication page appears with the Groups tab selected.
- Click the Targets tab.
The Replication target tab appears.
- In the upper right corner of the tab, click Add replication target.
The Add replication target dialog box appears.
- From the Select type list, select Amazon, Microsoft Azure - Resource Manager, Microsoft Hyper-V, or VMware.
The Add replication target dialog box displays General options.
- Enter the following information:
- Replication target: Enter a descriptive name for the replication (for example, DR site 1).
- Destination hypervisor (or Azure hypervisor for Azure): Select a hypervisor to manage the replicated VMs.
- Access Node: Select a proxy to perform the replication.
- To customize advanced options, click Additional options and provide the information for the destination hypervisor.
- Click Add.
Last modified: 5/17/2019 7:27:28 PM