Deleting the Contents of a Mount Path
The delete contents option can be used to logically delete the contents of a mount path. This operation deletes the data from the CommServe database. This operation does not make the disk space in the mount path available. A Data Aging operation must be run afterwards to make the disk space available.
This option can be used to make media available in order to complete an important data protection job when there is no free space available in the library. The Delete Contents operation is recorded in the Audit Trail.
Caution: Use Extreme caution when you use this option. Once the contents of the mount path are deleted, they are not available for data recovery operations.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand to Storage Resources | Libraries | <Library>.
- Right-click the appropriate mount path, and then click Delete Contents.
A warning message appears.
- Do either of the following:
- Click Yes in the Warning prompt to continue.
- Click No to stop the operation.
- In the Enter Confirmation text dialog box, type erase and reuse media.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/31/2018 7:27:27 PM