Getting Started for SAP HANA IntelliSnap for Multitenant Database Containers
Step 1: Review Requirements and Supported Features
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements for the SAP HANA Agent:
- System Requirements
- License Requirements
- Review the IntelliSnap Multitenant Database Container configurations. For more information, see Supported Configurations.
Step 2: Install the SAP HANA Agent
To set up your environment, you must install the SAP HANA Agent and the MediaAgent.
- Plan the Installation on UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the SAP HANA Agent on UNIX
Review agent specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
- After you complete the installation, review and make any necessary changes to the client UNIX groups and permissions.
- Review the required permissions. For more information, see Database Group and Folder Permissions for UNIX Configurations.
- Change permissions as needed. For more information, see Changing UNIX Groups and Permissions on UNIX Clients.
Step 3: Configure Your SAP HANA Environment
When you perform your first backup, the Commvault software automatically performs the following configuration. For information on how to verify the changes, see Verifying the automatic update of the global.ini file and SAP HANA parameter file?
- Creates a symbolic link that points to a parameter file created by Commvault called param under the SAP /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt/hdbconfig/ directory.
- Creates a symbolic link that points to the Commvault backint binary with SAP HANA hdbbackint under the SAP /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global/hdb/opt directory.
- Updates the global.ini file with the correct parameters.
- Updates the SAP HANA catalog_backup_parameter_file and catalog_backup_using_backint parameters in the global.ini file. For more information, see Configuring the SAP HANA 2.0 including the Express Edition global.ini File to Use the backint Interface.
Step 4: Configure Your Environment
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
- If needed, configure the SAP HANA parameter file.
- Configure a SAP HANA Scale Out Pseudo-Client.
- Discover the tenant databases.
- Create an IntelliSnap subclient for the tenant database. For more information, see .Configuring a SAP HANA Scale-Out Tenant Database IntelliSnap Subclient.
- If you have not done so already, configure a storage policy.
- Create a Snapshot Copy.
- Configure a Backup Copy.
Step 5: Run Your First Backup and Restore
Last modified: 10/17/2018 7:15:22 PM