Creating an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Lifecycle Policy for Database Application Migration
Create an Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) so that you can migrate your Oracle EBS or Oracle database to the OCI.
Make sure that you have the following OCI information before you perform this procedure:
- Compartment - The related resources (for example compute instances and networks)
- Availability domain - The regions that hosts your data center.
- Shape - The shape of the node. This includes the CPU, Oracle version and memory.
- Image - The VM hard drive template.
- Virtual cloud network - You can chose a VCN resolver or the internet.
- Subnet - The part of the virtual cloud network that you use for the OCI compartment.
- SSH key - The SSH key that you use to access the OCI compute instances.
- From the navigation pane, go to Configuration > Life cycle policies.
- Click Policy category, and then click Life cycle policy.
The Create policy wizard displays the General page.
- Provide the following information:
- In the Policy name, type a unique name for the policy.
- From the Select type list, select Oracle Cloud infrastructure.
- From the list. select the hypervisor where the software mounts the VM.
- Click Next.
The Configuration page appears.
- Specify the OCI information.
- From the Compartment list, select the OCI compartment.
- From the Availability list, select the OCI availability domain.
- From the Shapes list, select the OCI node shape.
- From the Images list, select the OCI image.
- From the Virtual cloud network list, select the VCM that you use for the OCI.
- From the Subnets list, select the OCI subnet.
- In the SSH key box, select the SSH key file for the key that you use to access the OCI compute instances.
- Click Next.
The Settings page appears.
- Specify the resource information:
- In the No of disks box, type the number of disks that each VM has.
- In the Max disk size box, type the maximum VM disk size.
- In the No of VMs (per user) box, type the number of concurrent VMs that each user can run using this policy.
- From the User and user groups list, select users or user groups that can access the policy.
Last modified: 4/30/2018 7:26:29 PM