Changing Roles Configured on an Index Server Cloud
The Index Server cloud provides indexing, content indexing, and search functionality to a variety of Commvault products and features. You can add the roles configured on an Index Server cloud from the CommCell Console.
Before You Begin
This procedure assumes that you have deployed an Index Server cloud in your CommCell environment. If you have not, see Getting Started with Index Server Cloud.
Caution: If you remove a role from the Index Server, then the data associated with that role is also deleted from the Index Server. Before removing the role, ensure that you no longer require the data associated with that role.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computer Groups > Index Servers, right-click the Index Server you want to configure, and then click Properties.
The Client Computer Properties for Index Server dialog box appears.
- Click the Roles tab.
- Click Add.
The Select Index Server Role dialog box appears.
- To add one or more roles to the Index Server, select the roles in the Exclude box and then click Include.
- To remove roles from the Index Server, select the roles in the Include box and then click Exclude.
Alternatively, you can remove roles from the Roles tab by selecting the roles and clicking Remove.
- Verify that only the roles that you want to configure on the Index Server appear in the Include box, and then click OK.
Added roles appear in the Roles tab with the status Not Configured. Roles that you removed no longer appear in the Roles tab.
- Optional: To manually configure new roles, select the roles and then click Configure.
A message that the configuration was successful appears and the status of the roles changes to Configured.
- Click OK.
Roles are configured automatically by the software.
Last modified: 1/11/2019 9:22:30 PM