Creating a Storage Policy and a Snapshot Primary Copy
To configure the replica copy, you need to create a storage policy and a snapshot primary copy.
Before You Begin
Use a disk library for the snapshot copy target. For more information about disk libraries, see Disk Libraries.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Policies.
- Right-click Storage Policies, and then click New Storage Policy.
The Create Storage Policy Wizard page appears.
- Follow the instructions in the storage policy creation wizard. On the Enter storage policy name page of the wizard (the second page), verify that the Provide the OnCommand Unified Manager Server information check box is cleared.
- In the Review your selections page, click Finish.
The storage policy appears in the CommCell Browser.
- Right-click the storage policy and then click All Tasks > Create New Snapshot Copy.
- In the Copy Name box, enter a name.
- From the Library list and the MediaAgent list, select the a library and a MediaAgent.
Note: When you select a disk library, the Drive Pool list and the Scratch Pool list are dimmed because they are applicable only for tape libraries.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 7/17/2018 6:17:17 PM