OnCommand Unified Manager (OCUM)
Before You Begin
Use the following table to decide which version of OCUM to install.
|Goal||Which version of OCUM to install|
|Create SnapVault and SnapMirror copies of 7-Mode snapshots||5.0, 5.1, or 5.2|
|Use Data ONTAP 8.1||5.0 or 5.1|
|Create SnapVault and SnapMirror copies of clustered Data ONTAP snapshot copies||6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3P1, 6.4P1, 7.0, or 7.1|
To use OCUM 5.x, install the following licenses:
- Operations Manager
- Provisioning Manager
- Protection Manager
To verify NetApp support for your product configuration, see the NetApp Interoperability Matrix Tool on the NetApp website.
Use root or storage administrator privileges.
- Don't install OCUM on the CommServe server. Because the NetApp Management Console is client software that contains several storage system management applications, installing the console on the CommServe server negatively affects the server's performance.
- An OCUM 5.x server uses services from the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to discover and to monitor storage systems. So, if your storage system is not SNMP-enabled, then you must enable SNMP before the server can discover storage systems or add them manually.
Use the following ports for communication with the NetApp file server and OCUM:
- For NetApp file server and OCUM 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3P1, 6.4P1, 7.0, or 7.1:
- HTTPS: 443
- For OCUM 5.x:
- HTTP: 8088
- HTTPS: 8488
High-Level Process Flow for OCUM 5.x
- Download and install OCUM 5.x and NetApp Management Console from the NetApp Support website.
Note: After you install the OCUM software, the OCUM server starts discovering, monitoring, collecting, and saving information about objects in its database.
- From the NetApp Management Console, add the resource pools that you want to use for the SnapVault or SnapMirror storage provisioning.
High-Level Process Flow for 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3P1, 6.4P1, 7.0, or 7.1
- Download and install OCUM.
Note: For information about configuring OCUM 6.0, 6.1, 6.2, 6.3P1, 6.4P1, 7.0, and 7.1 in clustered Data ONTAP, go to the NetApp documentation.
- Discover cluster.
- From the OCUM UI, add the resource pools that you want to use for provisioning the SnapVault or SnapMirror storage.
- From the OCUM UI, create vServer associations.