Cloud-Based File Analytics
View File Analytics on our Cloud Services Web site. Send us the client indexes from your CommCell environment, and we will stage a virtual machine (VM) for you on the Cloud Services Web site. On the staged VM, you can use the File Analytics Report for file and archive analysis in your CommCell environment.
Before You Begin
You must have a user account on the Cloud Services Web site. To create a user account, register your CommServe computer. If you already have a user account, you still might need to register your CommServe computer. For instructions, see Getting Access to the Cloud Services Web Site.
Requesting the File Analytics Report
- Go to Request File Analytics.
- Log into the Cloud Services Web site.
- Next to the CommCell name under Analytics, click Request FLA.
- In the Clients box, type or select the name of each client computer that you want to analyze.
Separate each client name with a comma (,).
- In the Client Groups box, type or select the name of each client group that you want to analyze.
Separate each client group name with a comma (,).
- Optional: in the Also Notify box, enter e-mail addresses for anyone who should have access to the File Analytics Report for the specified client computers.
- Next to Upload Using, select the appropriate protocol.
- Click Submit.
After you submit the request, you will receive a completion status e-mail.
Viewing the File Analytics Report
- Open the completion status e-mail, and then click Simpana Web Console.
The Web Console login page opens in your default Web browser.
- In the Username and Password boxes, type the Data Protection Suite Login and Data Protection Suite Password credentials that appear in the Completion Status e-mail.
- Click Reports.
The Worldwide Dashboard appears.
- At the top of the page, click Worldwide Reports.
- Click File Analytics.
The File Analytics screen appears.
- Under Client Computers, click the name of a computer.
- At the top of the page, click Interactive.
The File Analytics Report appears for the selected client.