Welcome to CDS Documentation
Welcome to the user documentation for Commvault Distributed Storage (CDS), which provides multi-protocol support across block, file, and object storage with native application, hypervisor, container, and cloud integration to consolidate storage silos.
Note: Previously, CDS was known as the Hedvig Distributed Storage Platform and also CVDS.
- For information about the most recent CDS release, see the CDS Product Release Notes.
- For information about Hedvig as Target Integration for COMMVAULT, see Hedvig Storage Clusters.
Primary User Guides (at left):
- Use the Hedvig Cluster Deployment Guide to set up, install, and upgrade Hedvig Storage Cluster Nodes, Storage Proxies, and Deployment Servers, as well as to set up environments using HCI (hyperconverged infrastructure), AWS (Amazon Web Services), KVM (kernel-based virtual machine), Hyper-V, Multipath I/O, and HTTPS.
- Use the Hedvig User Guide to create and manage virtual disks, snapshots, and clones, as well as to manage Hedvig Storage Clusters, Storage Proxies, Storage Pool Migration, rebalancing, and SNMP configurations.
- Use the Hedvig S3 Protocol-Compatible Object Storage User Guide to use Hedvig's S3 Protocol-Compatible Object Storage, including how to set up configuration files, SSE, HTTPS, AWS CLI, and S3 API calls and operations supported by Hedvig.
Additional User Guides:
- For information about how to use Hedvig's UI Installer, see the Hedvig UI Installer User Guide.
- For information about how to install, configure, and provision storage for the Hedvig Cinder Driver for OpenStack, see the Hedvig Cinder Driver for OpenStack User Guide.
- For information about how to use the Hedvig CLI (command line interface), see the Hedvig Command Reference.
- For information about how to install, configure, and provision storage for the Hedvig CSI (container storage interface) Driver, as well as how to create snapshots and clones and perform data migration, see the Hedvig CSI User Guide.
- For information about how to use the Hedvig Encrypt360 feature, which provides software-based encryption that is AES-256, FIPS compliant encryption of data in flight and at rest, see the Hedvig Encrypt360 User Guide.
- For information about how to set up the Hedvig MIB and configure SNMP, including sending a test trap and all hedvigTrapsEntry traps and descriptions, see the Hedvig MIB User Guide.
- For information about how to use the Hedvig Operator, the official operator to deploy and manage Hedvig components in container orchestrators such as Kubernetes - including how to install, create a configuration for, and upgrade Hedvig components with, see the Hedvig Operator User Guide.
- For information about how to use Hedvig’s Pensieve Service, which monitors the metrics for a system, providing a system snapshot to help troubleshoot Hedvig Cluster issues, see the Hedvig Pensieve User Guide.
- For information about how to set up and manage Hedvig RBAC, including user, role, and tenant management, see the Hedvig RBAC User Guide.
- For information about how to reset VMware ESXi NFS 4.1 Transfer Size, see Hedvig: Resetting VMware Transfer Size.
- For information about how to use the Hedvig REST API to create and manage virtual disks, snapshots, and clones, as well as to manage Hedvig Storage Clusters, see the Hedvig REST API User Guide.
- For information about how to troubleshoot Hedvig Storage Proxy and Cluster Node service status, health status, and metrics, as well as changing log file settings, performing data collection, and recommended SSD specifications, see the Hedvig Troubleshooting Guide.
- For information about how to use the Hedvig VAAI NAS Plugin, which enables the use of VMware vSphere Storage APIs – Array Integration (VAAI) in the Hedvig environment, see the Hedvig VAAI NAS Plugin User Guide.
- For information about how to set up Hyper-V Failover Clusters with Hedvig, including how to configure Scale-out File Server (SOFS), see the Hedvig Virtualized Storage for Microsoft Hyper-V Clusters User Guide.
- For information about how to use the CDS vCenter Plugin, which integrates CDS functionality into the VMware vSphere Client, a Web browser-based application that connects to the vCenter Server in order to manage vSphere infrastructure, see the CDS vCenter Plugin User Guide.
- For information about the integration of Hedvig, Commvault, and SAP HANA, see the Hedvig-Commvault-SAP-HANA Integration Solution Brief.
- For information about the integration of Hedvig and Splunk, see the Hedvig-Splunk Integration Solution Brief.
Last modified: 9/14/2021 6:05:10 AM