Hedvig Cluster Hardware and Resource Guidelines
This section describes guidelines for Hedvig Cluster hardware and resources.
Cluster Storage Node Guidelines
- A minimum of 9 hard drives and 3 SSDs are required to run Hedvig components. The hard drives are typically used for the data, and the SSDs are used for metadata and commitlogs.
- Enterprise-grade SSDs and/or flash devices should be used to ensure reliability and sustained performance.
Storage Proxy Guidelines
- Client-side caching should be implemented in environments that use block and/or file storage.
- PCIe Flash devices and/or SSDs can be used to support client-side caching for one or more of the following components:
- Full-block data (for both block and NFS)
- Dedupe hash
- PCIe-based NVMe/SSD devices are best suited for client-side caching (as compared with SAS/SATA SSDs) because they can be easily configured as pass-through devices for the Hedvig Storage Proxies.
Virtual Lab Configuration Recommendations
For functional testing in virtual lab environments, use the following configurations:
Storage Cluster Node - Minimum
- CPU - 8 vCPU
- Memory - 32 GB
- OS disk - 50 GB
- Other disks - 9 x 25 GB
- Use the ova supplied, which is 4 vCPU and 8 GB RAM.
Other Configuration Recommendations
For physical server and Hedvig Storage Proxy configurations, contact your local SE for recommendations based on use cases.
Last modified: 7/17/2020 8:01:43 PM