Restoring from an On-Premises SQL Instance to an Amazon RDS Instance
Perform this procedure from on-premises SQL database client.
Before You Begin
- If the database is bigger than 4GB, then add the nConcurrentUploadRequestCount to the number of concurrent requests that can be used to upload the native backup file to the Amazon S3 bucket during the restore operation. To the SQL client, add the additional setting as shown in the following table.
The number of requests.
- Perform a full backup. For more information, see Backing Up Amazon RDS SQL Databases.
Note: The backup must be a single stream traditional backup. If you select a point-in-time restore, then the software restores the full backup and discards the log backups.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Cloud Apps.
The Cloud Apps page appears.
- Click the Amazon SQL tile.
The Apps page appears.
- In the Restore column for the Amazon app, click Restore.
The Backup content dialog box appears.
- Optional: Select a backup. From the Showing latest backup list, select one of the following options:
- To show the latest backup, select Show latest backup.
- To show a backup at a specific time, select Show backup as a of a specific date, and then type the date and time.
- To show backups for a date range, select Show backup for a date range, and then specify the dates.
- Select the database that you want to restore, and then click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- From the Destination server list, select the select the Amazon RDS SQL server.
- From the Proxy client list, select the proxy server that you want to use for the restore.
- In the Staging path on proxy client box, specify the full path on the source client where the Commvault software stages the database.
- To overwrite the files of any other database that is currently using the database that you specify, select the Unconditionally overwrite existing databases or files check box.
- To restore a database after dropping all existing connections to the database, select the Drop connections to database check box.
- Optional: To change the database name, under Data files, select the file, and then in the Database name box, type the new name.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 11/8/2019 4:47:42 AM