Restoring from an Amazon RDS Instance to an On-Premises SQL Database
Perform this procedure from Amazon RDS SQL client where you performed the backup.
Before You Begin
Perform a full backup. For more information, see Backing Up Amazon RDS SQL Databases.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Applications > Cloud Apps.
The Cloud Apps page appears.
- Click the Amazon SQL tile.
The Apps page appears.
- In the Restore column for the Amazon app, click Restore.
The Backup content dialog box appears.
- Optional: Select a backup. From the Showing latest backup list, select one of the following options:
- To show the latest backup, select Show latest backup.
- To show a backup at a specific time, select Show backup as a of a specific date, and then type the date and time.
- To show backups for a date range, select Show backup for a date range, and then specify the dates.
- Select the database that you want to restore, and then click Restore.
The Restore options dialog box appears.
- From the Destination server list, select the select the SQL server.
- From the Proxy client list, select the proxy server that you want to use for the restore.
- In the Staging path on proxy client box, specify the full path on the destination client where the Commvault software stages the database.
- To overwrite the files of any other database that is currently using the database that you specify, select the Unconditionally overwrite existing databases or files check box.
- To restore a database after dropping all existing connections to the database, select the Drop connections to database check box.
- Optional: To change the database name, under Data files, select the file, and then in the Database name box, type the new name.
- Click Submit.
Last modified: 11/8/2019 4:51:21 AM