Manually Masking Oracle Data
You can manually mask data for an Oracle database that resides on a Commvault client. Use this operation in the following cases:
- You created a new data-masking policy after you restored or cloned the data.
- You restored the data without using the clone operation or the out-of-place restore operation.
Data Masking changes are irreversible and might destroy the data.
Before You Begin
If you have not already done so, install the Oracle agent on the host that contains the Oracle database that you want to mask. For more information, see Installing the Commvault Package.
- From the navigation pane, go to Protect > Databases.
The Instances page appears.
- Click the instance.
The instance page appears.
- On the upper-right corner of the page, click the menu icon , and then click Data masking.
The Data Masking policies page appears.
- Select the check box next to the Data Masking policy name, and then click Run data masking.
The Run data masking dialog box appears.
- Select the data masking options.
- From the Destination client list, select the client where you want to mask the data.
- From the Destination instance list, select the instance.
- From the Policy name list, select the data masking policy to use for the data masking operation.
- Click Run.
Last modified: 2/12/2021 10:48:25 PM