Running Index Server Load Balancing from the Index Server Load Report
You can run index server load balancing from the Index Server Load Report. This redistributes loads across all Indexing Version 2 index servers in a CommCell in order to achieve optimal distribution of indexes across available disk space.
- You can also perform Index Version 2 index server load balancing by running the Load Balance Index Servers Workflow in the CommCell Browser.
- The CommCell also includes a default workflow called System created index cache load balancing, which runs automatically at midnight on the last Sunday of the month. You can modify this default workflow or run it immediately. For more information, see Managing Schedule Policies.
Before You Begin
- Download and deploy the Load Balance Index Servers Workflow in the CommCell environment.
- Log on to Web Console.
- Click Reports.
The Reports page appears.
- Click Index Server Load Report.
The Index Server Load Report appears.
- From the Index Server list, select the storage policy that applies to the Indexing Version 2 index servers you want to view in the report, or select All to select all Indexing Version 2 index servers in the CommCell.
- Click Apply.
The data is displayed according to the options you selected.
- Click the Run Load Balance button.
A confirmation dialog box appears.
- Click the OK button.
The Load Balance Index Servers job appears in the CommCell Console Job Controller tab. Once the job completes, it will take up to 24 hours for changes to be reflected in the Index Server Load Report - Data Views.
Last modified: 4/27/2020 7:44:34 PM