Getting Started for SAP HANA Scale Out IntelliSnap
If you have a Multitenant Database Configuration, then see Getting Started for SAP HANA Scale Out for Multitenant Database Containers.
Step 1: Review Requirements and Supported Features
Refer to the following information to learn more about the requirements for the SAP HANA Agent:
Step 2: Install the SAP HANA Agent
To set up your environment for IntelliSnap, you must install the SAP HANA Agent and the MediaAgent.
- Plan the Installation on UNIX, Linux, and Macintosh Computers
Review general guidelines to prepare for the installation, which include configurations that your computer might need before the installation.
- Preinstallation Checklist for the SAP HANA Agent on UNIX
Review agent specific guidelines to prepare for the installation, such as gathering the information that you must provide during the installation.
- Installation Methods
Select the installation method that is most appropriate for your environment.
Step 3: Configure Your Environment
- Open the CommCell Console.
- Configure a storage device.
- If you have not done so already, configure a storage policy.
- Configure a SAP HANA scale out pseudo-client. For more information, see Creating a SAP HANA Scale Out Pseudo-Client.
- Configure IntelliSnap on the pseudo-client. For more information, see Configuring a SAP HANA Scale Out Pseudo-Client for IntelliSnap.
- Configure a SAP HANA Scale Out IntelliSnap subclient. For more information, see Configuring a SAP HANA Scale Out IntelliSnap Subclient.
- Create a Snapshot Copy.
- Configure a Backup Copy.
Step 4: Run Your First Backup and Restore
Step 5: What to Do Next
- Manage Snapshots.
- Plan for rapid recovery of critical data and restoration of business functions in the event of a disaster. Review Full System Recovery: SAP HANA Agent.
- Configure Data Retention and Data Aging for this agent. For more information, see Data Aging.
Last modified: 9/17/2018 6:10:09 PM