Restoring Files from a VM in the ServiceNow Commvault Application
You can restore files from a virtual machine backup to the original VM. You can restore only from the most recent backup.
- From the ServiceNow navigation pane, go to Clients.
The client list includes physical computers and virtual machines that have Commvault software installed.
- To display virtual machines that do not have Commvault software installed, select the Include VM check box.
- In the Actions column, click the action button for the VM that contains the files that you want to restore, and then select File Level VM Restore.
The File level restore dialog box appears.
- In the Username box and the Password box, enter the credentials for the source VM.
- To restore to the source machine and replace the original file, select the Overwrite if it already exists check box.
- In the Source path box, enter the exact file path for the source file in the Source path box.
You can also click the browse icon to browse for and then select the source file. For example, enter one of the following:
- Windows: C:\Share\MyDocument.doc
- UNIX: \share\my_file.txt
- In the Destination path box, enter the destination.
For example, enter one of the following:
- Windows: C:\Temp\MyDocument.doc
- UNIX: \tmp\my_file.txt
Important: If you specify the same location and name as an existing file and do not select Overwrite if it already exists, the restore fails.
- Click Restore.
Last modified: 5/21/2020 6:22:20 PM