Configuring Master and Standby Server Instances
Configure the master server instance to add a standby server instance on which you want to offload backup and restore operations.
Before You Begin
- Install the PostgreSQL agent, both on the master server and the standby server.
For more information, see Deployment - PostgreSQL Agent.
- Create a PostgreSQL instance, both on the master server and the standby server.
- For streaming replication, configure the archive command. It will be used to provide a continuous backup support in case of a failover, when the standby server role changes to a master server.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > master client > PostgreSQL.
- Right-click the instance, and then click Properties.
The Properties of PostgreSQL Instance dialog box appears.
- On the Standby Settings tab, select options for standby server support:
- Select the Enable Standby Backup check box.
- From the Standby Instance list, select an instance on the standby server on which you want to offload backup and restore operations.
- Optional: To run a backup operation from the master server if standby Commvault services are not available, select the Use master if standby is unavailable check box.
- Optional: To run a log backup operation from the master server, select the Always use master for log backup check box.
- Click OK.
- From the CommCell Browser, expand Client Computers > master client > PostgreSQL > instance > BackupSet.
- Right-click the subclient, and then click Properties.
The Subclient Properties dialog box appears.
- On the IntelliSnap Operations tab, in the Use Proxy list, select a proxy client where a backup copy operation can be run.
- Click OK.
Last modified: 6/5/2019 6:17:18 AM