Configuring a Drive
- If this is a new drive: Detect the devices. Use Device Detection as required.
All the devices attached to the selected MediaAgent is displayed in the Expert Storage Configuration window
- Locate the drive that you want to configure. If the drive was never configured, its identifier ends in a # sign (i.e., Drive#). If the drive was configured and then deconfigured, the drive name is retained (e.g., Drive2). If you want to modify drive properties, right-click the drive and select Properties.
- From the Expert Storage Configuration window, right-click the drive that you want to configure, and then click Configure.
- A prompt appears, asking if you are sure that you want to configure the drive. Click Yes to continue with the configuration.
If you have not already performed an exhaustive detection, or if your exhaustive detection did not detect the drive, the Device Configuration dialog box is displayed.
If you choose the Do Exhaustive Detection Now option, perform the following:
- Follow steps 5 to 8 in the procedure Detect Devices Using Exhaustive Detection.
- Configure the drive as described in step 4 of this procedure.
The status of the drive changes to configured.
Last modified: 6/13/2019 2:40:00 PM