Deploying the Commvault PowerShell Module
You can deploy Commvault PowerShell Module to interact with your CommCell environment using cmdlets.
Before You Begin
- Ensure you have Microsoft PowerShell 5.0 or above installed on your computer.
For more information, see the Microsoft PowerShell documentation for your version of Microsoft Windows.
- You must have Version 11 Service Pack 13 or higher installed.
- You must have a Web Server installed in your CommCell environment.
For more information, see Installing the Web Server.
- On a computer that can connect to the CommServe computer, download the Commvault PowerShell SDK (CVPowershellSDK) from the Commvault Engineering GitHub page.
Review the installation instructions provided in the readme file on the Commvault Engineering GitHub repository page.
- Double-click CommvaultPSModule.exe, and then follow the prompts to extract the CommvaultPSModule folder to a location on the computer.
- In PowerShell, go to the CommvaultPSModule folder.
- Run the following command:
The progress of the installation appears in the PowerShell window.
What to Do Next
Before you can run many of the Commvault cmdlets, you must first log in to the CommServe host using the Connect-CVServer cmdlet.
For more information, see Connecting to a CommCell Environment with PowerShell.
Last modified: 1/13/2020 9:34:46 PM